04-28-2014, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 06:33 AM by ムギ.)
Chat Utawarerumono portable - discussion
General discussion about the project goes here.
04-28-2014, 02:18 AM
RE: Utawarerumono portable -- Discussion
Soooo how did you guys met this game? And what made you guys start the project? ^-^

I Love You Guys! *¬*
04-28-2014, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 02:47 AM by ムギ.)
well.... i ran into this game by accident originally, it was among the pile of ps2 games i tested out back in the day.

Quick google found me the English patch for the PC version which i played.
I've played through it something like 6-7 times i think and it never gets boring. :P

eventually i found out that a PSP version was made, and started looking at it, but hacking the psp version was pretty complex so i kept leaving it on the side. This project started out pretty much because of sum of random things, i managed to get through the file compression originally, and with a friend of mine, paulguy, we got the initial graphics dumps done (paulguy wrote the prototype of TPLCodec, which we use to edit the graphics).

Pretty much at the same time i got in contact with ArchDemon of mirrormoon and got myself a copy of the english script since i said that i'd be willing to try and implement it into the psp version...

i started this project alone pretty much but as i got forwards, i was introduced to binaryfail and basic and that's pretty much how BLACKlabel translations was formed.
We weren't really gonna do a group or anything but it just ended up that way since i didnt want to use my own release name for a project i didnt' do alone.
04-29-2014, 05:36 AM
I like turn-based strategy games in general so if it's combined with Japanese art and a good story it's all perfect for me.

I learned of the project through a contact and offered to help. Eventually we came to discuss the game's script and it was decided that we would work on this under a new group name.
05-01-2014, 01:38 AM
I envy you guys, if only i had the skills and guts to do this.. you are my heroes. )o)

I Love You Guys! *¬*
05-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Well, it's a lot of work.
I'd rather just play it in english than having to do it myself before i play it.

Alas, things don't always work like that :P
10-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Just poking in to say "Good luck!" (Yes, it took me a week to realize there was more to this site... in defense, distracted by life!
10-26-2016, 09:44 PM
haha, well, there's not much to the site really...
we have a visitor a month, maybe 2 if we're lucky.

As for what's up with Utawarerumono, the patch has been in development for 3 years now, it doesnt really have much to do with luck at this stage. It's slow progress is a result of the fact that it's only requiring translations atm, and our resident translator, basic is really busy with his real life at the moment.

a kin to zill o'll though, utawarerumono has been on my personal to-do list for a decade now and it will get done no matter how long it takes to complete.
09-15-2017, 08:00 AM
RE: Utawarerumono portable - discussion
And with the two Utawarerumono Vita games out in the US and an article on Siliconera saying the original needs to be played to understand the full story, I suddenly have a clearer idea of -what- this game is supposed to be about. :)

Good luck!
10-08-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Utawarerumono portable - discussion
the sequels supposedly do have references to the original but i havent played either one of them yet... i kinda wanted to do that on ps3 with properly uncensored versions but since the fuckwads over at faglus didnt release the 3rd game on ps3 at all in english, I once again have a boatload of extra work on my hands backporting the vita translation into the ps3 version of the game...

they never learn over at that company.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)