12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
RE: Shinseiki Evangelion Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd
just translate one or the other, and then copy the dialogue lines over, only thing differing in them is some scene scripting. Load codes and such, since the single scene files do not load additional scenes unlike the story mode (iirc they all end up loading the mainmenu.)

good luck with the thing though, even though it really is rather easy game to hack :P
only thing that you need to look after, is the strings list in the executable, that controls the preview images of locations you go to.
12-16-2014, 04:45 AM
Thanks for everything.
02-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Well, i took a look at the first game in the series since you asked, and it looks like the txt files on it are a little differently formatted than on the second one.
i didnt exactly do much testing with them, but they're either just some silly binary format, which would explain why you broke them while editing them with notepad, or then they're XOR'd like the pc version files are. I doubt that's the case though, because the actual text in the files is not scrambled.

either way, you dont have to touch the txt files (they're actually .txtz files) to translate this game. as the displayed script of the game is actually made out of images, not text.
every line of text you see in the game can be found from inside IMAGE.THFS and is structured identically compared to the second part of the game.

My thfs tools can pack and unpack the files fine from both games.

the script images are all named a******.gim and are 256x128 in size, which contains 2 "rows" of text the top "row" being the left half of the text, and the second one being the right half.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)